INFORMATION HANDBOOKS - PUBLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE
has been developed by the Specialty Steel Industry of North America (SSINA)
to help the novice or lay person understand some of the characteristics
and uses of stainless steel. It is intended to be a "beginning" in
learning about stainless steel and is not particularly comprehensive. SSINA
has other publications that go into further detail on stainless steel.
They are referenced throughout this primer and a complete listing is provided
at the end of the publication.
- What is Stainless Steel?
- Why Doesn't It Rust?
- The Most Popular Kinds of Stainless Steel
- Stainless Type 304 (UNS S30400)
- Stainless Type 316 (UNS S31600)
- Stainless Type 430 (UNS S43000)
- Stainless Type 410 (UNS S41000)
- Stainless Type 409 (UNS S40900)
- General Characteristics
- Sizes and Shapes Available
- Corrosion Resistance
- Fire & Heat Resistance
- Standard Finishes Available
- Superior Strength-To-Weight Ratio
- Impact Resistant
- "Green" Material
- Environmental Principles
- Environment Management Systems
- Pollution Prevention
- General Information
- Special Finishes & Color
- Price Comparison
- For More Information
Stainless Steel Primer in PDF Format (81kb).
« Return to Information Handbooks